R&A Course Handicap Calculator
There was talk early on in the development of the World Handicap System that players would be able to find their playing handicap for any course by using an App or a website.
England Golf do not seem to have developed an App yet but the R&A have published a Course Handicap Calculator on one of their WHS Webpages whic is quite useful.
Follow the link below and bookmark it on your Mobile, Tablet, iPad or PC
When using the Calculator, please take note of the comments for Scotland and Spain.
Select either 9-hole or 18-hole Course
For GB&I you will then need to select ‘Without Course Rating Minus Par’
Note: Be careful when using the calculator for a course in Scotland because Scotland will be using the Course Handicap to 1-decimal point and not Rounded as the rest of GB&I, before playing handicaps are calculated.
For the Rest of the World you will need to select ‘With Course Rating Minus Par’
Note: Courses in Spain have not yet been made available by the Spanish Golf Federation.
Field Details you will need to fill in:
- Handicap Index requires a decimal value between -10 and 54 (e.g. 18.3)
- Course Rating for 9 Holes requires a decimal value between 25 – 43 (37.7)
- Course Rating for 18 Holes requires a decimal value between 50 – 86 (e.g. 70.4)
- Slope Rating requires an integer value between 55 and 155 (e.g. 125)
- Par for 9 Holes requires an integer value between 25 – 45 (e.g. 36)
- Par for 18 Holes requires an integer value between 50 – 85 (e.g. 70)
If you do not know the course details, click on the ‘Look Up’ option
To search more successfully, after selecting your Country, enter the first three or four letters of the Name of the Golf Course, no need to try and search on County, this only seems to confuse the program, then click on submit.
Scroll through the names listed to select the course you want.